Pages

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

How Peculiar


"Do not believe that the person who is trying to offer you solace lives his life effortlessly among the simple and quiet words that might occasionally comfort you.  His life is filled with much hardship and sadness, and it remains far behind yours.  But if it were otherwise, he could never have found these words."

~Rilke, found in Letters on Life





"You have to live life to the limit, not according to each day but according to its depth."

~ Rilke


"How peculiar, the way life works."  

~ Rilke



Oh, just a little random Rilke, sprinkled through some unrelated photos : )  My head is swirling with all I've done today - but such a satisfying feeling too, to have accomplished something.  Or feeling, at least, as though one has!

We are counting down quite seriously now, the days until Rob's exhibition.  The last painting has been painted, and the framing is in progress.  After that, it's just sit back and enjoy.  And/or hit the bottle.  ha.

3 comments:

  1. Have you read The Notebooks of Malte Laurids Brigge by Rilke? I like your site very much, and I'd be interested to know what you think of Rilke's point of view re his character Malte.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I got this site from my friend who shared with me about this
    web site and at the moment this time I am browsing this web
    site and reading very informative articles at this place.
    Also visit my blog post ; swiss seo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got this site from my friend who shared with me about this web site and at the moment this time I am
    browsing this web site and reading very informative articles at this place.
    my webpage: swiss seo

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...