Pages

Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Love, love, love




"Neither a lofty degree of intelligence nor
imagination nor both together go to the making of genius.
Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius."

~ W. A. Mozart






"I want the vibrancy of joy.  I want the sovereignty of Mozart.  But I also want inconsequence.  Freedom? It's my final refuge, I have forced myself toward freedom and I bear it not like a gift but with heroism; I am heroically free.  And I want the flowing."  

~ Clarice Lispector from The Stream of Life


I printed off my latest manuscript, all 220 pages of it, yesterday.  Am going to disappear into it for the next few days. Lavish it with love.  It's very far from being finished.  And yet perhaps not so far.  At this stage of editing/writing, I keep C.L. close, The Stream of Life close.  I try to love the words I will eventually abandon. One writes a book, and then one abandons it, only to adopt it again.






or, listen on quietube.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...