Pages

Tuesday, August 30, 2011

"...to yield the blossoms dictated to my heart..."


 "But to be what I am, to live what I was meant to live, to want to sound like no one else, to yield the blossoms dictated to my heart: this is what I want - and this surely cannot be arrogance."

~ Rilke



I found these late blossoms in our front yard after walking the dog this morning.


I placed them in the stone bowl full with some water and looking at them has made me feel calm. And they've reminded me to listen to and yield those blossoms dictated to my heart.




A late addition (heard this while making dinner tonight on the CBC - thank you Rich Terfry : ) )


1 comment:

  1. Hope and calm in the Rilke quote. I am putting that one on my fridge...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...