Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Beautiful Choices



I posted these two photos on Flickr a couple of days ago, but decided I also wanted them here.  All the beautiful colours, all the choices.  So many flavors!  Now that my girl has her braces off we're free to have such things in the house.  I've never been a huge jelly bean fan, but now I am. We sat on the couch together and ate a bunch of these one by ones, talking about the flavors, and just talking about this and that. We both decided in the end that we wished for more of the buttered popcorn flavor.

“We must make the choices that enable us to fulfill 


the deepest capacities of our real selves.”


                         ~ Thomas Merton




This was the quotation I attached to the photo on my Flickr page and I do think it's quite profound.  It's something to have in the back of the mind as we navigate this wonderful and chaotic world...



"Always keep something beautiful in your mind."
                    
~Blaise Pascal


A quick post this morning because I wanted to put the line by Pascal somewhere to remind me, and here seemed as good as any place. : )


A little Thursday morning music for you.  The video was apparently made for 20 dollars, entirely by Fisher himself.  Very cool if you ask me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...