Pages

Thursday, October 27, 2011

A Courage from the Depths




"I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life - and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing I wanted to do."

~ Georgia O'Keeffe

This sentiment by O'Keeffe shouldn't be a 'calm thing' - but I do think it is.  To know how and what you are, to know that about yourself, and to go forward anyway, it's a kind of courage from the depths.  


Pema Chodron, in No Time to Lose, says:

"If it's time for something to fluorish, it will: if it's not time, it won't."

She goes on,

"The trick is not getting caught in hope and fear.  We can put our whole heart into whatever we do; but if we freeze our attitude into for or against, we're setting ourselves up for stress. Instead we could just go forward with curiosity, wondering where this experiment will lead.  This kind of open-ended inquisitiveness captures the spirit of enthusiasm, or heroic perseverance."

One senses, too, that O'Keeffe had something like this in mind - that she had the spirit of enthusiasm which allowed her to go forward.  Go forward with curiosity.

As for me, it's been another rubbish day of writing.  Some good editing though.  And now a quick couple of photos and this warp speed blog post before I'll need to run out on the school pick up.

Hope you've found some inspiration in your day darlings.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...