Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

Perfect Sweetness


“It is easy in the world to live after the world's opinion; it is easy in solitude to live after our own; but the great man is he who in the midst of the crowd keeps with perfect sweetness the independence of solitude.” 


Ralph Waldo Emerson


It's been a creative day and so even though I've posted already today, I thought I would pop up these photos as well.  I love the mellow pastels and greys.  


One of the nice things about being chosen as a Getty Artist, is that I feel less guilty about being at times excessively productive.  I think this goes back to being called "prolific" in derogatory terms in certain not so lovely reviews of my books. But I agree with Helene Cixous as she's quoted in the book White Ink.  She says, 

"Fecundity is the creative person's natural state.  The more pertinent question is that of what inhibits it.  Why does one get periods of broken productivity?  What causes these interruptions?  Productivity, it has to be said, has no reason to be broken except through adverse, exterior circumstances."  

Amen.    



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...