Pages

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Within the Strict Confines of Dignity and Beauty



Driving to work yesterday afternoon, I heard Leonard Cohen's new song, Show Me the Place, on CBC.  I nearly had to pull over.  Overwhelmed by the beauty.  I'm not sure how long the link will last - but I know I'll be playing the song several times today.  Can't wait for the album.  Can't. Wait.

Also on the Radio 2 Drive site, this quotation from a recent acceptance speech by Mr. L.C.:


"As I grew older, I understood that instructions came with this voice. And the instructions were these...Never to lament casually. And if one is to express the great inevitable defeat that awaits us all, it must be done within the strict confines of dignity and beauty."

1 comment:

  1. Lovely. Gorgeous photo. I heard the song yesterday, too, but I was already pulled over.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...