Pages

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Beauty speaks softly




"The voice of beauty speaks softly; it creeps only into the 
most fully awakened souls.”
 
Friedrich Nietzsche



"No single event can awaken within us a stranger whose existence we had never suspected.  To live is to be slowly born."

~ Antoine de Saint-Exupery




I don't know that I'm fully awakened....but I am being slowly born....


I needed a little light here today after yesterday's dark chocolate indulgence.  : )  


I'm off to work soon, rather drowsily I confess, but wishing you a day filled with beauty and light.  And for those of you who are bookish, you might enjoy this link to Brain Pickings.  If you scroll back through it there are many fun treasures and neat references.


2 comments:

  1. What a marvelous coincidence. My son just sent me the link to the video you share. Somehow that makes me happy - the connecting of it all.
    One of the things I love so much about your photographs is that you use a lot of the same things maybe rearranging or adding one small thing, to give a whole new meaning or feeling, which translates to simplicity, the end result of which, is indeed CALM THINGS. I appreciate so much that you share the beauty that is all around you. It makes me want to see my own surroundings that way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This makes me happy too, Edna - only connect....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...