Pages

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Hive reading



I spent a large part of my day yesterday learning to use Garageband, learning to upload a podcast, and then discovering the quite user friendly SoundCloud.  (After trying out a few other similar sites).  And I won't even mention how many times I read through this piece - the first five pages of my yet unpublished, experimental, poetic novel Hive.  Or should I say experimentalpoetic?  If you would like to know more about Hive, and I hope you do, please click here.

As most of you who know me know, I'm influenced/inspired by the work of Clarice Lispector, Helene Cixous, Nicole Brossard, Virginia Woolf, Michael Ondaatje....so many more, but maybe if you think about them while having a listen, you might hear faint glimmers. Well, in my dreams.  I would LOVE to hear what you think about this clip/reading, so welcome all comments.

This morning I had a Flickrmail that asked me to upload 141 photos!  So if you need me, that's where I'll be for the day. Eyes bleeding around the edges....ha.  It's caused me to re-think my watermark - since it would be a much simpler process if I didn't have to upload non-watermarked examples.  But then I remember all the times I see my images floating around the web and at least they have my name on them. So.  Conundrum.

Enjoy the reading, and thanks for stopping by.  ~ Shawna


12 comments:

  1. That was stunning! I love it! I look forward to the novel.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely, Shawna. I love the voice of the piece--and your voice reading it. Very delicate, intriguing. A story is promised, an arc of some kind, yet we know the pleasures will arrive sentence by sentence as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a gorgeous, sensuous experience. Thank you more than I can say! Now when I read the novel, I'll hear you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So, so beautiful Shawna - lovely and fluid. Thanks for the experience of listening to your voice reading your work. Would love to be at another reading....some day soon. Can't wait for the novel!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning... hearing Hive read aloud brings out the lyrical quality and musicality and threads of rhythm in the writing and in each word you've chosen... I will anxiously await another instalment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shawna thank you for this wonderful reading. Your voice is soothing, sweet, clear. You've created mystery and leave me anxious for the next reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Gorgeous, just like you.

    Kimmy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have such a calming voice. It was wonderful to start my morning with this. I will be listening again.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really enjoyed the reading, Shawna. Your voice is so melodic and you read so articulately.
    I can't wait to read the book now!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The idea of a female art forger (of ANY art forger) is very curious and interesting to me. I look forward to reading the completed long-form prose poem/narrative of "Hive".

    ReplyDelete
  11. "... extravagant and gorgeous mess ..."

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am really excited and I am looking forward to the book. I love the alliteration, the playfulness, the words... The words are so carefully chosen that it truly sounds like word-music. Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...