Pages

Thursday, February 9, 2012

stillness becoming alive



WAS IT LIGHT?
~ Theodore Roethke


Was it light?
Was it light within?
Was it light within light?
Stillness becoming alive,
Yet still?

A lively understandable spirit
Once entertained you.
It will come again.
Be still.
Wait.




ABSOLUTELY CLEAR
~ Hafiz

Don't surrender your loneliness
So quickly.
Let it cut more deep.

Let it ferment and season you
As few human
Or even divine ingredients can.

Something missing in my heart tonight
Has made my eyes so soft,
My voice
So tender,

My need of God
Absolutely
Clear. 


Yesterday morning, this light.  Was it light?

Many years ago this statue was in my study and my friend's young son fell on it from his perch on the chair beside.  (Something like that - we weren't in the room).  His head met the hand and one of the fingers broke off, which we were not so concerned about as the blood on his forehead!  At any rate, the lad has a small scar still, I believe.  And the finger has been glued on and fallen off several times.  So that in these photographs, you'll notice the not quite right angle of the finger, and the layers of glue, yellowing the joint.  Though perhaps you'll just notice the light.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...