Pages

Saturday, March 17, 2012

love and reverence




“As a single footstep will not make a path on the earth, so a single thought will not make a pathway in the mind. To make a deep physical path, we walk again and again. To make a deep mental path, we must think over and over the kind of thoughts we wish to dominate our lives.”


~ Henry David Thoreau




“Pursue some path, however narrow and crooked, in which you can walk with love and reverence.”


~ Henry David Thoreau




Just wanted to pop up a few photos taken this afternoon.  I had this idea in my head, and a teenaged daughter willing to help me out with the execution.  You know, they're not exactly what I had in my head, but I like them all the same.  

4 comments:

  1. I love the first Thoreau quote. An ennobling spin on the experience of being stuck coming back to the same thought(s) again and again for a long period of time. And the second one strikes me as relevant to trying to make a path through the early years of motherhood. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thoreau's thoughts are certainly a consolation, balm, to me....glad you found them to be of some use as well, Lisa.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your last comments about your photos are sometimes what I think of my kids.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. ha! great way to put it Lucy : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...