Pages

Wednesday, March 14, 2012

my favourite



Sometimes the simplest poems are the most lovely, the ones that touch you most deeply.  Like the one by Li-Young Lee, titled "My Favorite Kingdom."  It begins with a line that reminds me of something a child would say:

My favorite day is Sunday.

My favorite colour is
my father's apple trees in the rain.

My favourite colour 
is my father's pear trees
in a cloud of bees.


{read the rest of the poem here}

You can see why this poem is often used as a writing prompt.  My favourite __________ would be a fun way to start a poem, or even a diary entry.  




1 comment:

  1. My favorite thing about this space is how peaceful and inspirational it is to me. I love the new look. How do you keep things so fresh? It must be a gift as a consequence of insomnia. A balancing out.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...