Pages

Saturday, April 28, 2012

in this world of yes




love is a place

by e. e. cummings

love is a place
& through this place of
love move
(with brightness of peace)
all places

yes is a world
& in this world of
yes live
(skillfully curled)
all worlds



And what will you say yes to today?

Yesterday I said yes, to grey sky, to snow on not quite emerging buds, to walking through slush in my hunter boots.  I said yes to my camera battery dying halfway through my walk, and to watching the dog roll around in the snow, burying his nose in it and then running with it still under the snow.


 I love the way the grass is sheltered by this tree, the only green patch so far.


Most of the trees haven't even budded yet.  But at least there were no blossoms, which I've seen often enough - it's pretty, of course, but then potentially ruins the chances for fruit.


I'm really overwhelmed by all the lovely emails and messages and comments about Hive, and can't thank you all enough.  It's funny how I wasn't even nervous about it until now - but now I'm terribly anxious to see what you'll all think of it, those of you who've ordered it (and a million thank yous for that...).


Looking out the window right now as I write this, blue sky, and the snow has all melted, thankfully.  The weekend newspaper has arrived, and the dog has come into my study a couple of times and given me 'the look.' Which must mean it's nearly time to get off the computer and proceed with the day....



4 comments:

  1. What a beautiful entry, Shawna! Today I will say yes to resisting to go outside and enjoy the sunshine and just be happy to look at the lovely blue of the sky through my window while I read and translate poetry from another time. I will say yes to having my blue sky and the blue skies in the poems speak to each other (does this sound familiar to you?) Have a beautiful day, Shawna!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, dear Sandra. I hope your work went well and you were able to get outside a bit today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you have the courage of your convictions, you aren't nervous. You must have known it was the right path. Now that it's out there, you have to trust that it's audience will find your book. Yes to the adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks Lucy, you're so right. yes to the adventure...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...