Pages

Sunday, April 8, 2012

to want to read the line of a poem twice


“When people look at my pictures I want them to feel the way they do when they want to read a line of a poem twice.” 

~Robert Frank


“Your first 10 000 photographs are your worst.” 


Henri Cartier-Bresson



 “To photograph is to hold one's breath, when all faculties converge to capture fleeting reality. It's at that precise moment that mastering an image becomes a great physical and intellectual joy."       


Henri Cartier-Bresson


“A photograph is a secret about a secret. The more it tells you, the less you know.”

~ Diane Arbus


2 comments:

  1. Exquisite works of art in their own right. A delight of color and form. I like Robert Frank's quote the best, I think. It says it all.
    Have a wonderful day!
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dawn - I love the Frank quotation too!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...