Pages

Wednesday, April 25, 2012

where the wing shines


"Everyone in me is a bird.
I am beating all my wings."

~Anne Sexton


I keep seeing the above lines in various places on the internet being misattributed to Sylvia Plath.  They're, in fact, from the poem by Anne Sexton titled "In Celebration of My Uterus" {which you can read in its entirety on the Poetry Foundations site here

Are people still reading Anne Sexton?  God, I hope so.  Her work is powerful, harrowing, ravishing, unsettling stuff.  


 A short post this morning, a glimpse into my study where I'll be spending most of the day, knock on wood.


Can you make out some of the titles, authors?


"You will follow the book, whose every page is an abyss where the wing shines with the name."   ~ Edmond Jabes





2 comments:

  1. I wish I could read more of the titles. I am always interested in what people read...where they get their inspirations. I love this first view of the wing - one wing. Something to ponder about this. It is always a joy to find a new post of yours in the mornings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Edna - makes me happy to hear this : )

    i'll have to do another version of this post some day - less blurry! : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...