Pages

Saturday, May 12, 2012

a day so happy




G I F T 
by Czeslaw Milosz 
A day so happy.
Fog lifted early. I worked in the garden.
Hummingbirds were stopping over the honeysuckle flowers.
There was no thing on earth I wanted to possess.
I knew no one worth my envying him.
Whatever evil I had suffered, I forgot.
To think that once I was the same man did not embarrass me.
In my body I felt no pain.
When straightening up, I saw blue sea and sails.





How marvellous to be able to begin a poem: A day so happy.  

To be so clear and so free.  Free of envy and want.  To feel no pain and to be able to straighten up and take in the beauty around you.  

I'm officially on a week's vacation.  And it ought to be a free and lovely feeling. Instead, R., about 9 days ago was bringing me a cup of fresh boiled water for my tea one evening, and who knows how, dropped it on his foot.  So, he's in agony, and we've a trip booked for Monday.  Finally I've talked him into heading to the medi-centre on a Saturday morn.  It seemed to be healing fine, but this morning the pain is worse, etc etc. I'll spare you the gory details. So.  Do wish us luck.  I've queued up some posts for next week, and if all goes well, will have some vacation photos to share when we're back.  : )



5 comments:

  1. Good thoughts coming at you..nothing frees up healing energy like time away.
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. enjoy your vacation! Hope your husband's foot is better and continues to heal. Look forward to your posts and photos when you return!
    ~Vicky (manywinters)

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a wonderful wonderful poem!!
    made me tearyhappy : )

    hope his foot is rapidly healing
    and
    that you are having some nice days away,
    vibeke

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all - i think he's on the mend. feeling a lot less stressed since he was treated by a doctor. : )

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...