Pages

Saturday, May 5, 2012

the quiet mystery is present



We ended up in the path of the Duchess Bake Shop last weekend while doing various errands.  It would be a sin to pass by and not go in and buy one of their lemon tarts.  And so we did.  We also picked up some chocolate orange scones, which were pretty much to die for.  

So of course, this Saturday morning I'm plotting ways to get back to that part of town...But okay, at least I have the photos to relive the deliciousness....


A morning poem by Denise Levertov:



P R I M A R Y   W O N D E R

by Denise Levertov

Days pass when I forget the mystery.
Problems insoluble and problems offering
their own ignored solutions
jostle for my attention, they crowd its antechamber
along with a host of diversions, my courtiers, wearing
their colored clothes; cap and bells.
And then
once more the quiet mystery
is present to me, the throng's clamor
recedes: the mystery
that there is anything, anything at all,
let alone cosmos, joy, memory, everything,
rather than void: and that, O Lord,
Creator, Hallowed One, You still,
hour by hour sustain it.





My goal today - to sit for a spell and sink into the presence of the mystery, always there, whether we choose to experience it or not.


5 comments:

  1. It makes me crazy to see these photographs of such gloriously delicious food. Honestly, it is a good thing they are on the computer because if they were on paper, I think I would eat the paper; they look THAT good! Your photos are stunning portraits of the "stuff of life.

    ReplyDelete
  2. this looks so delicious. and as always, amazing photos.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you all - i have to admit - they have me craving another : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. I often end up in the path of a bakery. . .

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...