Pages

Wednesday, June 27, 2012

dreamlike, bare



"Light can be gentle, dangerous, dreamlike, bare, living, dead, misty, clear, hot, dark, violet, springlike, falling, straight, sensual, limited, poisonous, calm and soft."

~ Sven Nykvist

I've been looking at these photos for a while now.  Often the photos I'll post will be recent, from the last day or two.  (If I leave them too long, I may no longer like them).  But these ones.  From a week and a half ago.  Maybe I was waiting to find the Sven Nykvist quotation again.  It crops up on CT from time to time, so irresistible.


B U T T E R I N G   T H E   S K Y 

by Hafiz 

Slipping
On my shoes,
Boiling water,
Toasting bread
Buttering the sky:
That should be enough contact
with God in one day
To make anyone
Crazy.



Taken later in the day near the kitchen window which is where I take many of my photos.  On the little rickety blue table.  Ordinary light I suppose, if any light is ordinary. I remember it was one of those days where I had attempted to write all day - nothing.  No inspiration.

I dragged the poppies out of their vase yet again - Rob had been shooting them that morning for his new flower painting series - randomly opened the book and threw them on top.  Surprised by the way the light shone buttery, through the thin, delicate petals, the skin of them, peeled sunburn. Startled by the strong and flimsy way light can be held, the way it can ease into things in unexpected moments. Gentle yes, but relentless and unasked for as well.   






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...