Pages

Monday, June 4, 2012

a search for radiance


"Poetry searches for radiance..." goes the poem by Adam Zagajewski, and all day I, too, have been searching. Finding it in the poems of others. Not so much my own.



“Indeed there has never been any explanation of the ebb and flow in our veins - of happiness and unhappiness.”

~ Virginia Woolf, Jacob's Room



And then there is the ebb and flow of creativity.


When there is an ebb - especially on a day that I've set aside, particularly for writing - I do what I can.  I gather.  I read. This poem and that poem.  I take up a book by Woolf, today, actually it was The Waves. (Before this it was Jacob's Room).  I take pictures, look at pictures - mine and those of others.  I look at small things, close up.  I daydream in my upstairs seat by the window.  And at the end of it all, I might just construct a blog post, for my own sake, even if it says very little.








3 comments:

  1. Shawna, you are the most inspiring person...every clip of a quotation, composition, photo, is always perfectly in tune with where we who admire you so are...and the Lemay refraction of beauty is something to anticipate, rely on, and linger over every day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks, dear Barb...that means so much : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw, this was a rеally good post. Taking the
    time and actual effort to сreаte a top notсh
    article… but whаt can I say… I hеsitate a whole lοt and don't seem to get anything done.
    Feel free to visit my webpage :: pikavippii

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...