Pages

Friday, June 22, 2012

waves of calm



"At certain hours poetry gives out waves of calm. From being imagined, calm becomes an emergence of being. It is like a value that dominates, in spite of minor states of being, in spite of a disturbed world."

~ Gaston Bachelard



A quiet post this morning. A slow waking, some meditation, a counting to twelve.

A song to listen to - "Bless Up." 



Yesterday I gathered roses. I gathered all the buddhas from the various parts of our house, from outside. I don't know exactly why, or where ideas like this come from. I think I was wanting to enter waves of calm, to create them.




No need to hurry. No need to sparkle. No need to be anybody but oneself.

~ Virginia Woolf









 When I was finished taking photographs, I moved the flowers outside, moved my home office outside, and sat there with my notebook for the morning.  I wrote, I absorbed the colours of the roses.  I listened to a bird sing praise, sing release, sing roses, sing radiance.  Maybe that bird was me.





1 comment:

  1. That bird IS you. I am luxuriating my way through your HIVE again, loving every wonderful wordplay, each subtle thought, each daring omission that somehow draws me in, includes all of us. Will write more when I finished it (again)!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...