Pages

Sunday, July 15, 2012

inspiration



Our greatness lies not so much in being able to remake the world as being able to remake ourselves.
                               
  ~ Gandhi




“It's the friends you can call up at 4 a.m. that matter.”
                                                                            Marlene Dietrich



So yesterday afternoon I had the pleasure of having two of my oldest (as in longest standing) friends over, and we sat in the backyard, in the shade.  One of my friends took up the harp a while back, and is completely brilliant. These two friends have always been my inspiration.  Resilient in the face of misfortune, always uplifting to be with, graceful, courageous, brilliant in so many categories.  I don't think I've ever called these friends up at 4am, but I know that I could.

My beautiful harp playing friend is off on a new adventure, having recently remade her world, I suppose you could say.  She's moving to Calgary, a three hour drive from Edmonton.  I'm not going to say I'm going to miss her - because friends like that are always with you, no matter the distance.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...