Pages

Saturday, July 7, 2012

various states of balance




E L E G A N C E

{Hafiz}

It 
is not easy
to stop thinking ill
of others.

Usually one must enter into a friendship 
with a person

Who has accomplished that great feat himself
then

Something
might start to rub off on you
of that

True
Elegance.




"I seek and can't find myself. I belong to chrysanthemum hours, neatly lined up in flowerpots. God made my soul to be a decorative object.

I don't know what overly pompous and selective details define my temperament. If I love the ornamental, it must be because I sense something there that's identical to the substance of my soul."


"To have emotions made of chintz, or of silk, or of brocade! To have emotions that could be described like that! To have describable emotions!"  


~ Fernando Pessoa, The Book of Disquiet


One strives to be elegant, then.  To stop thinking ill of others.  And to reference yesterday's post, to not be exhausted, but to be elated.  

How to find oneself? How to describe one's emotions?  Maybe I keep returning to the stacks of teacups in various states of balance and mismatched patterns because they describe my soul.  

The ones in the photos above are recent thrift store buys. I bought them strictly to take photos of, telling myself that it wouldn't matter if they spilled over or were chipped or damaged.  That it wouldn't matter how off-kilter the stack becomes.  But maybe already I become more careful, more protective of them.





1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...