Pages

Monday, August 13, 2012

between honey and pain





“The days aren't discarded or collected, they are bees
that burned with sweetness or maddened
the sting: the struggle continues,
the journeys go and come between honey and pain.
No, the net of years doesn't unweave: there is no net.
They don't fall drop by drop from a river: there is no river.
Sleep doesn't divide life into halves,
or action, or silence, or honor:
life is like a stone, a single motion,
a lonesome bonfire reflected on the leaves,
an arrow, only one, slow or swift, a metal
that climbs or descends burning in your bones.” 

~ Pablo Neruda






4 comments:

  1. Ahh the sunflower. It has been one of my favorite subjects this year in the garden. I have taken a ton of photos (most of which have not made it to flickr or my blog as of yet. They are gorgeous photos.
    ~Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks Dawn! looking forward to seeing yours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, I love that second image from the top. Yes, very much.

    ReplyDelete
  4. can you forgive me if I can't count? It's the second one in colour from the top -- oops. But it's good I made that mistake because I needed to say -- and not simply because I love black & white -- how brilliant that black & white of the sunflower really is. :~)
    I'll take my leave now ...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...