Pages

Wednesday, August 1, 2012

enchanted light



I took the above photo before I started sipping my first coffee.  I opened the back door and took half a step out and clicked.  Large drops of rain started falling in the backyard.  But out the front window, startling blue sky, early morning sun, brightness.  


The next photos are from yesterday morning, as I sat outside writing. And that's where I'll be again today.  Our daughter is in her second week of summer camp - science day camps at the University. The quiet of the house, knowing she's well-occupied, and knowing that it won't be like this for the rest of the summer....very motivating and conducive to writing madly. 






O D E   T O   E N C H A N T E D    L I G H T

by Pablo Neruda

Under the trees, light
has dropped from the top of the sky,
light
like a green
latticework of branches,
shining
on every leaf,
drifting down like clean
white sand.

A cicada sends
its sawing song
high into the empty air.

The world is
a glass overflowing
with water.





The world certainly overflows with light....










No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...