Pages

Wednesday, September 12, 2012

do not think me calm



A   W A R N I N G   T O   M Y   R E A D E R S 

BY WENDELL BERRY

Do not think me gentle
because I speak in praise
of gentleness, or elegant
because I honor the grace
that keeps this world. I am
a man crude as any,
gross of speech, intolerant,
stubborn, angry, full
of fits and furies. That I
may have spoken well
at times, is not natural.
A wonder is what it is.




Do not think me calm, because I speak in praise of calmness.....do not think me serene.

I wish I were kinder,  and I strive to be kinder.  Wish I were more forgiving, more tolerant. Certainly I strive to be more serene.




Well, I won't rattle on any more today - it's been five nights in a row of insomnia so that my brain feels like mud.  I will be writing this morning, then fitting in a nap before the evening shift at the library.

Am I needed here? Are you?  Listen....







2 comments:


  1. Thank you.
    Your blog is a blessing, part of my morning ritual.
    Spot on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. An absolute blessing today; a sign. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...