Pages

Monday, September 17, 2012

proceed to dazzlement



A poem I found last night, flipping through the Anthology of World Poetry, by a Filipino poet (writing in English):


INVITING A TIGER FOR THE WEEKEND

BY JOSÉ GARCIA VILLA

Inviting a tiger for a weekend.
The gesture is not heroics but discipline.
The memoirs will be splendid.

Proceed to dazzlement. Augustine.
Banish little birds, graduate to tiger.
Proceed to dazzlement, Augustine.

Any tiger of whatever colour
The same as jewels any stone
Flames always essential morn.

The guest is luminous, peer of Blake.
The host is gallant, eye of Death.
If you will do this you will break

The little religions for my sake.
Invite a tiger for a weekend.
Proceed to dazzlement, Augustine.









2 comments:

  1. When I see your photos, the lyrics "everything is beautiful in its own way" come to mind. You photos focus my vision to the simplicity and awareness of the ever present gifts the world offers us.
    But then I also appreciate so very much the words, thoughts, and poems you share.
    Your blog is still my favorite and I am thankful for the delight it brings me.
    Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Edna, you're so kind. You've made my morning. Thanks for the visits.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...