Pages

Friday, September 21, 2012

the beauty of the abandoned




The beauty of the abandoned.  

This song seems to me to be a good accompaniment to the photos {Basement Apartment by Sarah Harmer}

Rob gave a short talk / artist walkabout yesterday at the gallery he shows at in Edmonton - The Douglas Udell Gallery - for some people visiting for a conference. Very well received.

Before we went into the gallery I spied this couch in the empty lot beside the gallery.  On the other side of the lot is an old apartment. I suppose someone moving out one day just ditched this beauty. It's been there a while.




I had fun applying a different treatment to the one above.



A little bit closer.



The view toward the back alley.



The blurry version:


The same photo as above but with a few more nudges in Picasa, followed by the 1960s application. I think this is my favorite of the bunch.  


And lastly, the little pink house across the alley, behind the apartment.  I like the shadow of the tree on the house, and the swaying of the picket fence.  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...