Pages

Saturday, September 15, 2012

the glow deep inside



HIGH COUNTRY SPRING

by Charles Wright

It's not so much the description, it's what you describe,
Green pox on the aspen limbs,
Lilac bud-bursts set to go off,
                                                suppuration of late May.

The world is a tiny object, a drop of pine sap,
Amber of robin's beak, like that,
                                                    backlit by sunlight,
Pulling the glow deep inside.


{from Scar Tissue}




I took these photos last week with my little Lumix. The bottom image was completely lousy, so I just kept fiddling with it, until it made me happy.  It's a nothing photo, I suppose, but it was a way of focussing in on the tininess of the world, the brown grainy golden beauty.

Anyway, it's good to be reading Charles Wright again.  I think I have every book he's ever written. And when I read him, I feel like it's okay to sit in my particular chair in my corner of the universe, and to just observe. I feel like I've been given permission to say odd and wonderful and creaky things from where I am, my particular obscure existence.



1 comment:

  1. odd and creaky . . . It looks like a wood block print. Very cool.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...