Pages

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

though i am dark...



“Few people know how to take a walk. The qualifications are endurance, plain clothes, old shoes, an eye for nature, good humor, vast curiosity, good speech, good silence and nothing too much.” 

~Ralph Waldo Emerson





Woods

by Wendell Berry

I part the out thrusting branches
and come in beneath
the blessed and the blessing trees.
Though I am silent
there is singing around me.
Though I am dark
there is vision around me.
Though I am heavy
there is flight around me.





That recurring word this week.....blessing.



Another walk, but without the dog this time.  Just an evening drive around the edges of the city and near the ravine.



Somehow we convinced our daughter to go, and she even let me snap some photos of her which always makes me happy.




'Tis the season to capture leaves....







The next two are very similar shots.  I like the flare in the first, but the visibility of the web in the second one.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...