Pages

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

what snow does




S N O W 


Snow is what it does.
It falls and it stays and it goes.
It melts and it is here somewhere.
We all will get there.




Snow came early this morning and lasted into the bright. Not quite here, not quite gone, it stays and leaves, both at once.

For those of you not fortunate enough to have the lovely stuff draped over your flowers and your lawn today, or who were trapped inside at the moment when the sun shone on it all - I give you these:










































4 comments:

  1. Gorgeous, all of them!!!! Your rose has been amazing, and it makes me sad to see how many buds will likely never bloom (yes, I'm an optimist), but these bottom pictures of snow on leaves and stems are stunning.

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...snow already :) You captured it perfectly! The first snow fall here in the mountains where I reside, is quite beautiful. Thank you so much for sharing it with me today...
    m.

    ReplyDelete
  3. living in Edmonton for 40 years and then living even further north up until last fall, I know this so well. But you make it look so darn beautiful. You know what I feel when looking at these lovely photos? I can feel a cool, and very fresh, crispness. There's a smell to this cool freshness that I have always loved. Sad to have the snow come but you've reminded me of one of the little pleasures.

    I've been unable to be online much lately but have been trying to blog a bit and visit my favourites spots (Calm Things is on the top of my list).

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks, all!

    Diane - yes, you captured the freshness beautifully with your words. it's colder today, the snow mostly gone. but it's always lovely after the snow has fallen - changes the air in wonderful ways.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...