Pages

Friday, November 16, 2012

I hope you love books


Yes, I hope you love books.

For the last couple of years, I've been obsessively taking out the camera, nearly every day, and taking a photograph of something. I've been learning about light, I've been looking, seeing. I've been trying. I've learned many of those unsayble things about light. I've learned that as soon as you feel you know something about light, it slips away, changes, and every single day, every season, every moment, it changes. Light changes you, the seeing of light changes you. It pulls the rug right out from under you and you let it.

Tomorrow, I will know nothing about photography, nothing about light, again.

But this morning there was a culmination. Everything I know about books and the way they breathe and sigh and comfort and speak and the way they are delicate and flimsy and the way they fly and the way they hurt you and humble you, intersected with what I know about light. With what little I know.

There are more but these are some:




















3 comments:

  1. I said most of it at FLickr but I can't say enough about how much books mean to me. No wonder I come here when I can. And light, well yes, you know ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane - thanks for all your generous comments! So lovely of you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adore them!! How well you have captured the love of books..from every perspective and angle!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...