Thursday, November 29, 2012

in my wintriest moods



"When in good humour,
Give grass its green
Blazon sky blue, and endow the sun
With gold;
Yet, in my wintriest moods, I hold
Absolute power
To boycott color and forbid any flower
To be."


~ Sylvia Plath




These photos are a variation on the theme - very much like the ones from yesterday. I can't boycott colour...

I have an early shift at work, so no time to linger here, sadly.  But I popped onto Twitter earlier and found this blog, Poetry Post, via Margaret Atwood. Very cool, don't you think?

As for me, I'm still in my wintriest mood. And heading to work in the dark, and sitting in a room without windows all day, and then driving home in the dark....this will not be pleasant. (Both today and tomorrow, pray for me, ha).  But will make me appreciate my usual work shifts (not often I have two 9-5 days in a row).









1 comment: