Pages

Monday, December 3, 2012

literary gossip



“Ah! There is nothing like staying at home, for real comfort.”


~ Jane Austen




For those of you who know me, you know how much I am in alignment with Jane Austen on the subject of real comfort. There is nowhere I'd prefer to be than my own home. But once in a while I am indeed enticed out. Last week in the afternoon met one of my gorgeous and inspiring bookish friends at Audreys Books, and then swung over to The Public House. I have to say, it's the perfect spot to engage in literary gossip, to talk about one's writing projects, discuss favourite books and plot revenge.  (Just kidding on the last point). (Sort of).




It snowed off and on the day we met, and really couldn't have been much greyer.  So I can't say these photos are my best, but still, they capture the feeling of the place. I'm looking forward to going back on a sunny summer afternoon with my camera.  

And not that this is a review - but the food was very tasty, the wine was perfectly chilled, and the service was great.  So. The rest of the post is photos. I particularly like the combination of the modern technology mixed with the books.  And for some reason I was drawn to the salt and pepper shakers....

































2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you posted these over here too so I could find out where this place is in Edmonton. Now I know why I didn't know about it -- it's new since I left. I too love those salt and pepper shakers, but I love the entire atmosphere of that place. I'm going to go to Edmonton in February to visit my son and granddaughters so I will definitely check this place out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was nice and quiet in the late afternoon - but I think it's a hopping place on the weekends. Loved it there.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...