Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Do stuff



“I've been absolutely terrified every moment of my life and I've never let it keep me from doing a single thing that I wanted to do.”
~  Georgia O'Keeffe


“Do stuff. Be clenched, curious; not waiting for inspiration’s shove or society’s kiss on your forehead. Pay attention. It’s all about paying attention. Attention is vitality. It connects you with others. It makes you eager. Stay eager.”
Susan Sontag



Wednesday morning - virtual coffee break. With Sontag and O'Keeffe. Not bad company, yes?

These two quotations really speak to me - throughout my writing life I can say that I have been terrified and attentive. Above all, curious.

Do stuff. Stay eager. Wonderful advice.

The other true thing - that all this connects you with others. Which is the big surprise pay-off in all this. Quite marvellous.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...