Pages

Friday, January 4, 2013

what we see is what we are





“There is only you and your camera. The limitations in your photography are in yourself, for what we see is what we are.”

~Ernst Haas


And so this, my friends, is where perhaps, you will see me as I am. My rather sudden new year's resolution was/is to learn how to use Lightroom. So far, it's the little things that are driving me nuts - the organizing of photos, the import and export. This morning I realized that half of what's making me batty is the whole watermarking thing. I can't get my watermark to look the way I want. ha. And so I've decided to ditch it for a while. So many better photographers than I am, aren't using them. And maybe I just need to look at the photo for a while, just concentrate on that. My goal is to learn just one new thing a day in Lightroom, though, it's probably going to be a lot more than that! 

I think Lightroom is going to be a great tool to help me refine my vision. To refine and develop how I see. Of all the photos I've played with so far, the above one is my favourite. 

Thank you for all your lovely comments lately. It reinforces my ambition for this blog to be a place where one can meditate, drink a little coffee (or tea), take a few breaths, and gather one's thoughts for the day. My goals aren't so terribly lofty, are they? : )




















3 comments:

  1. I think your goals are bang-on, Mz. Lemay. But it is alright if we have wine while looking at your gorgeous photos?

    xo Kimmy

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...