Pages

Friday, March 29, 2013

a nice cup of tea



Another poem from the Rumi collection translated by Ladinsky as mentioned in the last post:




NEVER TOO BUSY TO CHAT

Seeing how many miles you have to go,
I set up a little stall on your route.

I serve a nice cup of tea, and I am never
too busy to chat.








I saw a photo similar to this in a magazine, and thought I'd attempt my own version. I wish I'd let it all get meltier, but maybe another time.





I thought this one would make a nice book cover:








A last thought from the Rumi book:


"If you can soften your look on someone you have not
been kind to for a while,

your power will increase, and in this world that is
handy."



2 comments:

  1. These are lovely. What a great concept and well excited. I love that last quote. I will put that into practice today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Staci. Me too, me too :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...