Pages

Tuesday, March 26, 2013

choose joy every day





“A waiting person is a patient person. The word patience means the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden there will manifest itself to us.”

- Henri J.M. Nouwen







“Joy does not simply happen to us. We have to choose joy and keep choosing it every day.”

- Henri J.M. Nouwen




“People who read your ideas tend to think that your writings reflect your life.”

Henri J.M. Nouwen


{and I do sometimes worry that people who read my blog might think that it reflects my life.....:) }



2 comments:

  1. I do believe that our writings, most of the times, reflect moments we'll never live!
    Love and light from Paris, France.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Somehow Shawna, I knew you dipped into Henri Nouwen once in a while. And regarding not living what we write...I suspect that within what we write, there is the wish that our lives may occasionally catch up. Thank you as always, for food and roses.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...