Pages

Wednesday, March 27, 2013

daily longing of the soul




“Prayer is not asking. It is a longing of the soul. It is daily admission of one's weakness. It is better in prayer to have a heart without words than words without a heart.”

- Mahatma Gandhi






Just after Christmas I decorated a tree with some Ikea ornaments in a public park near here. Several years back, Chloe and I began what we called a ninja art project. We'd find stones that had been carved into hearts, and we also had some terracotta hearts. We wrapped poems and quotations around them and then left them for others to find at bus stops and in parks, etc. So when I saw these ornaments I thought maybe we could do something with them. We ran out of time at Christmas, so one day while I was out walking the dog, my usual, I hung them on a tree. I didn't imagine they'd last too long. I hung them and forgot about them. But then a few weeks later I went back and someone else had added a few hearts on ribbon, homemade ones. And a week after that, someone had left a note wrapped in plastic, thanking whoever had decorated the tree and asking that no one else wreck it. Some of the note was smudged due to weather so I couldn't read all of it but that seemed to be the gist. 

The day I took these photos the tree beside it was hanging with icicles. All of these beautiful gifts.  






2 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous, uplifting post! Thank you for all the good you do in the world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, the beautiful gifts we often overlook because our own hearts have their frozen moments awaiting the thaw of kindness from an unknown walking healer...such as yourself. Thank you sharing via your posted blessings. LOL

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...