Pages

Tuesday, March 12, 2013

little glimpses




“All you can ever achieve is a sense of your soul. You gain little glimpses of its light, colors, and contours. You feel the inspiration of its possibilities and the wonder of its mysteries.”



John O'Donohue





The world is very nearly drained of colour by now, almost mid March. And yet these glimpses of colour. A glimpse into the very soul of winter, into the wintered souls.

All of these photographs, perhaps they add up to a glimpse into my soul. Certainly a glimpse into my life.

We have always been wary that the soul ends up in photographs.

Okay, I was just reading one of those types of websites written by groovy psychics and which talks about your soul in previous lives etc. And she has a post about this idea that photos steal souls. She says a photo has the ability to capture your energy and that they 'lock in your frequency.' Which actually, I quite like. I would apply this not only to a photo taken of a person, but to a photo taken of anything, a photo that is taken with a certain type of attention. These photos of frosted grass, for example, I think they must say something about my 'frequency' at one moment in time. In taking them, in short, I was trying to achieve a sense of my soul.










2 comments:

  1. thanks dear Cathy, means a lot that you stop in here, and leave these sweet comments so faithfully.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...