Pages

Monday, April 15, 2013

if your daily life seems poor






“If your daily life seems poor, do not blame it; blame yourself, tell yourself that you are not poet enough to call forth its riches; for to the creator there is no poverty and no poor indifferent place.”


-Rilke



Here's the question I keep asking myself lately: how to be an artist of the everyday? I never really feel like a writer, unless I'm writing, in the act of writing. But I also know it's the everyday that feeds my art. Regardless, the domestic is unavoidable, the domestic is exhausting. (Thus Chinese take-out on Friday night). How to find beauty there, how to call forth its riches? 

I suppose I'm asking these questions again, my lovely refrain, because I've looked at my schedule for the week, and see my writing time being eaten away at. The to-do list is intimidating. There's the nagging feeling that I've forgotten to add something to the list. The huge desire to sail away.....


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...