Pages

Thursday, April 18, 2013

the moon's young, trying their wings



From a poem by James Wright:


The moon drops one or two feathers into the field.   
The dark wheat listens.
Be still.
Now.
There they are, the moon's young, trying
Their wings.



{read the rest of the poem here}





Photos from a walk yesterday in the lateness of spring. The snow still trying to melt, become nothing.

The morning sun diving into city forests, trying to awaken leaf-wings, moonwings.




A writing day for me, and I'm exhausted, for so many reasons, my dears. So I leave you with these photos, conserving energy for this thing I go on attempting to write.









3 comments:

  1. Beautiful. May you have rest today. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Writing can sure wear a girl out, that's for sure. Hope your writing went well and eventually leads you to a big ole' exhale and rest.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...