Pages

Thursday, May 23, 2013

a cure for anguish





From Bachelard's Poetics of Reverie, where he is quoting the translator of the work of the psychiatrist J.H. Schultz:

"This translation is but a feeble approximation of the German expression 'Es atmet mich,' literally 'It breathes me.' In other words, the world comes to breathe within me; I participate in the good breathing of the world; I am plunged into a breathing world. Everything breathes in the world. The good breathing which is going to cure me of my asthma, of my anguish, is a cosmic breathing."


Walking, I'm breathing the scent of the blossoms, and they seem to be breathing too. We are participating in that cosmic breathing, the good breathing. A seasonal cure for anguish....















2 comments:

  1. Wonderful blog! I found it while surfing around on Yahoo News.
    Do you have any tips on how to get listed in Yahoo News?
    I've been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

    Check out my website pirater un Compte facebook

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...