Pages

Wednesday, May 29, 2013

let the rain kiss you







April Rain Song

BY LANGSTON HUGHES

Let the rain kiss you.
Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops.
Let the rain sing you a lullaby.

The rain makes still pools on the sidewalk.
The rain makes running pools in the gutter.
The rain plays a little sleep-song on our roof at night—

And I love the rain.





We've had some splendid rainfalls here lately, splendid mornings where the grass is sparkling with raindrops and dew.



Suddenly, it's as though the world is in Technicolor. My winter eyes are still adjusting to all the lushness, to the colours.








Also, after rain, the forest sparkles like mad. I can't get enough of the forest bokeh....

























I've posted a couple of new poets up on Canadian Poetries. I've been reading Mary di Michele's work for years - so I can't tell you how thrilled I was when she agreed to give me a few poems for the site. Also, one of my co-panelists at the recent WGA panel I sat on (I talked about this a couple of posts back) agreed to have me use his SoundCloud recording on the site. Listen to Ahmed's "Beautiful." It's a wonderful way to start the morning.










2 comments:

  1. Impossible green. Thanks for capturing it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delicious! And how lovely Mary di Michelle...(will look up "Beautiful") Thank you.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...