Pages

Wednesday, June 12, 2013

myself being myself


“How much better is silence; the coffee cup, the table. How much better to sit by myself like the solitary sea-bird that opens its wings on the stake. Let me sit here for ever with bare things, this coffee cup, this knife, this fork, things in themselves, myself being myself.”


- Virginia Woolf, The Waves




“I do not want to be admired. I want to give, to be given, and solitude in which to unfold my possessions.”



“...But beauty must be broken daily to remain beautiful...”

- Virginia Woolf, The Waves







It's time to sit quietly, let myself be myself. Time to revisit favourite books, favourite authors. Time to write in notebooks and journals and see what emerges. Time to watch beauty break, how every day, it renews itself.

Today there is rain, and I'll watch that, too. I'll listen to the music of the rain, that silence.


2 comments:

  1. What a lovely post! Enjoy your day full of inspiring, courageous words...and delicious jam and bread!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The view into your solitudes always seems poetic to me.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...