Pages

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

unfamiliar circumstances





“But your solitude will be a support
and a home for you,
even in the midst of very
unfamiliar circumstances,
and from it you will find all your paths.” 

- Rainer Maria Rilke







I'm back from my few days away, in Ottawa, at The Writers Union of Canada AGM. I didn't take my camera there, and most of the time was spent in conference rooms, anyway, so just as well.

Much to say about it, much to digest. But for today, I'm back to my solitude, back to my path. Grateful for having left it to meet some exceptionally lovely people, grateful to return home, to my rituals, to my work.






These are last week's blossoms.....








And the crazy dog. Who will be getting a very long walk this morning.






3 comments:

  1. welcome back -- I'm sure Ace is delighted you're back too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome back...with Rilke ;-) and that one really speaks to me in this moment!
    Solitude has been a friend and our collaboration is going to intensify in the next couple of months as Jupiter moves through my 12th house of spirit (yes astrology is also my other poetry), it only passes there once in 12 years and it's always a wonderful time for me to go inwards; to write, to study, to make art.
    Hope you had a great time :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing like going away to make you appreciate home, and all its comforts. But I did have a marvellous time. Still digesting a lot of it....

    Wishing you a most creative phase, Alma!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...