Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

a tangled world



"It's a tangled world of vines, syllables, honeysuckle, colours and words...."


- Clarice Lispector, The Stream of Life





A walk along the fence yesterday, a peek into the fields.

My left eyed photographs (as I still can't blink the left eye independently). I go on being thoroughly exhausted, feeling muted. Wondering when this damned thing will end. It's 15 days since I first felt signs of the Bell's Palsy. Starting to see signs that it's on the way out - but not quickly enough for my liking. Anyway, enough whinging.....

There was a good shower of rain last night, and this morning smells like heaven.

I love this time of year, when even the weeds are beautiful...


















3 comments:

  1. These remind me of Durer, that particular attention. We pass weeds and grass every day and so seldom notice their modest beauty.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Theresa - so true. I know I do myself. And then suddenly awake to it - which is a bit of a miracle too.

      Delete
  2. lovely lovely photos Shawna -- each and every one. That first quote is a keeper!
    (Seems I am on the computer less and less ... could take a few moments to 'scribble' a few words, a wee update, but taking the time to downsize and watermark the images keeps me from doing any of it at all.) So glad you're still taking time to share words and images.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...