Pages

Wednesday, July 17, 2013

soul drunk



This morning. Listening to: David Gray - A Clean Pair of Eyes.

Reading: Rumi. As always. Amazing to read his words and find them refreshed again and again.

(The following excerpts from the Essential Rumi, transl. Coleman Barks).







Don't ask questions about longing. 
Look in my face.








Soul drunk, body ruined, these two
sit helpless in a wrecked wagon.
Neither knows how to fix it. 







And my heart, I'd say it was more 
like a donkey sunk in a mudhole,
struggling and miring deeper. 









But listen to me: for one moment,
quit being sad. Hear blessings
dropping their blossoms
around you. God.







One more by David Gray:  The Morning.


"Please be patient with your life." 



4 comments:

  1. Both pictures and poetry spoke to me today, precisely yet gently. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful and touching~
    I hope you are feeling better!
    I visit you on and off, when I try
    to find calm in my storm called life.

    Sending you healing wishes and green stars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Hear blessings
    dropping their blossoms
    around you."
    Love that so much. Visiting your blog always inspires me or fills me with calm and contentedness (did I make up that form of the word??)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you all for reading and looking. i'm def. counting my blessings....blossomings....

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...