Pages

Monday, July 29, 2013

watching the rain



I've posted this poem before but wanted to revisit it with these rose photographs, taken the same day as the cherry ones from the previous post. 


THINGS ARE SUCH

- Rumi (translated by Daniel Ladinsky)


Things are such, that someone lifting a cup,
or watching the rain, petting a dog,

or singing, just singing - could be doing as
much for the universe as anyone.





IT FELT LOVE

- Hafiz

How
Did the rose
Ever open its heart

And give to this world
All its
Beauty?

It felt the encouagement of light
Against its
Being,

Otherwise,
We all remain

Too

Frightened.



(translated by Daniel Ladinsky)









"Strange how my powers increase the less I become.
Every step I take toward complete effacement, look
what takes place...my radiance grows,

and more gather to receive it, as the dark side of the
earth turns to the morning light it craves."

- Rumi




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...