Pages

Thursday, July 18, 2013

when i am most mild



"I try each day to stay near beings,
mornings when I am most
mild. And may I nothing harm,
in case it is them."


from "Mankindness" by Christina Davis. {The rest of the poem here}.




And the poem of course draws on this lovely and true old thought:

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.

- Plato









"An enchanted life has many moments when the heart is overwhelmed with beauty and the imagination is electrified by some haunting quality in the world or by a spirit or voice speaking from deep within a thing, a place, or a person."


~ Henry Louis Mencken







I haven't wandered into the little forests in this neighbourhood for several weeks. Mainly because I knew that I was too tired to feel the magical effects.

The enchantment is always there, you see.

The light, the light, the light:














No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...