Pages

Thursday, October 10, 2013

a certain allure



Autumn leaves. Something I'll listen to at intervals today:







This series of photographs, are not what I'd hoped for. Not what I'd intended. Therefore, failures. Which has led me to think, as I often have over the years, about artistic failure.....Beckett's, "Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try Again. Fail again. Fail better."

And this from Lyn Hejinian,

Didn’t I fail at the wrong thing, aren’t I a failure at failure

Failure is inevitable
I am a fan of failure
I am a failure flailed by failure
I leap into failure


and 


Failure is familiar
I’m faking failure, I’m reconciled to failure
Failure has a certain allure
I’m quick at failure
I’m clumsy at failure

{continue reading here}










The allure of failure is that sometimes your failed, out of focus, falling leaves, may turn into geese flying south for the winter.







And just for you they perform a bit of a dance in the air as they fly by.







Which brings us back to the ground, to autumn leaves, again. That allure....







2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...